Naomi brings the soul and spirit back to Jewish worship. She designs worship events that are inspirational, participatory and enable people to connect ancient traditions to the today’s human experience, renewing customs with a modern flair. Naomi crafts and facilitates lifecycle events, rituals and worship/services that honor her clients’ values and invite participation.
Naomi has trained intensively in worship, Torah study and sacred gatherings.
- As a founding company member of Storahtelling she’s learned for over 15 years with Amichai Lau-Lavie.
- Naomi holds a masters in Jewish Education from the Jewish Theological Seminary.
- Her training includes intensive study with the Institute of Jewish Spirituality and the Institute for Informal Jewish Education at Brandeis University.
Naomi loves collaborating on worship design with clergy, offering musically relevant, reverent (and sometimes irreverent) worship experiences that connect across generations.
Book Naomi for Baby Namings, Bnai Mitvah, Wedding/Commitment Ceremonies, Anniversaries and other celebrations. (Naomi does take on a select number of Bnai Mitzvah students through Storahtelling Lab/Shul’s Raising the Bar Program.)
References from Rabbis, Cantors, Educators and participants available upon request.
Naomi is in residence at the following NY synagogues:
- Storahtelling Lab/Shul – ritual/worship team co-leader
- The SAJ – musical shabbat band leader
- Romemu – #FF – family fridays co-leader with R. David Ingber
- Congregation Mt. Sinai, Brooklyn Heights – co-leader with R. Seth Wax
- Kolot Chayeinu, Park Slope, Brooklyn
- Shaarei Tikvah, Scarsdale, NY – musical shabbat worship leader